3 Truths We Absolutely Need To Know


flowers-arent-always-glossy
Flowers Aren't Always Glossy, Just Like Some Truths

Having spent nineteen years on this planet that we call home, I won't really say that this duration is enough to take a jibe at the processes of life, however much I might feel compelled to do that. I mean that is kind-of my coping mechanism. Still. I cannot really try preaching what “I think” life has in store for any of us. For the simple reason of not having enough knowledge about it.

However, being the super-intelligent person that I think I am, I can list down three truths which you might want to know, much better said, you have to know. So here is the list!

1. What happens when you try pleasing everyone? You lose yourself. Why is such an obvious thing here? Because people do not understand the vicious cycle they are getting themselves into once they try meeting those demands. What vicious cycle?
    Suppose you have a friend you love immensely. It turns out that they don't like something about you, say, your favourite snack. They ask you to stop eating it altogether. And it is a friendship you value. As much as you would want to, you wouldn't choose a snack over a friend. You live by “Not doing anything solely to please someone”. But you decide to change certain habits accordingly. Why would you still do it? Because you have a tendency of subconsciously trying to reduce the negativity about someone important to you. You are assuming these kinds of demands will end soon. Maybe, no one will tell you to change anything about yourself once you do this one thing.

    What happens is far from your imagination. The demands have increased, and now you are supposed to give up on, let's say, your hobby. Your friend is not liking it, too. And this time, the demand is normalised because you didn't speak against this dictation the very first time. Now, you either fall deeper into the trap and the demands intensify over time, or you speak against the demands, but not without the regret to act on the previous demand.

    Kindly put yourself away from any demand from anyone that does no good to anyone in any way. Sounds simple? Don't even try denying while I predict that you have somehow failed here a lot of times.

    2. People will leave. You are replaceable to a lot of people. Not a lot of people care about you, about what you go through on a daily basis. Nobody is really interested in your answer to their question, “How's life?” You can't do anything about it.

    As brutal as it sounds, for your own benefit, get over it. How? Focus on those who care, who have stayed even when you had hit rock bottom. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague, I don't know. Whoever chooses to stay is who you focus on. 

    However, the person who stays on top of your priority list, without fail, is you. Care for yourself. No matter how much or little someone cares for you, nothing exceeds the need for you to care for yourself first.

    3. When things do not go the way it should, you really cannot blame anyone else. You have no other choice than to take up the responsibility of everything that went wrong. It's scary because a lot of things happen over which I have zero control.

    Why should I be responsible if these things go against my expectation? Valid question. But that's how things are, and that's how you learn how to not expect high from things that are not in your control while working the hardest for things that you can work on, and staying answerable throughout.

Life is unfair and all, but it gets far better if you know how to think through things. Learn how much or how little to expect out of things, learn how to handle yourself, learn how to learn. You can be a complete mess, falling over hurdles, but that's how you learn how to live.

So this is all about the basic truths that you should be knowing in details about. Also, implementing. Do let me know what you think about this post. All suggestions are welcome. Follow me here and in every social media, or you will be missing out on some content exclusively for social media. Links have been provided. Also, share this post with everyone. You can also send me emails at saimasohail.officially@gmail.com.

Keep Smiling! 😊
My Profile Picture In Pretty Much Every Social Media



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For All That Matters

The Trail Of Thoughts: From Your Jealousy To My Strength