To All The Warriors I Know And I Don't

Mobile-Phone-With-Social-Media
Some introduction before diving in. Let's start by saying that the title might be slightly misleading. The kind of warriors I am going to discuss isn't going to be glorified. Brace up, because this is going to be a complete rant session, and I don't know if there can be even one sane person disagreeing with me here. If you are somehow, somehow, about to get defensive, I have written about you somewhere below, so hold your horses till then. Or don't. Can't care less. Just sayin'.

It's all a matter of courage when you stand for what is right and against what isn't. Not everyone has the nerve to do it and you belong to a group of rare people with unmatched gallantry. But, but. The lines between “standing against the wrong”, “hate”, and “answering hate with hate” are very thin. And people confuse among the three like I confuse chocolate cookies and cookies with raisins- too damn often.

The internet has been used for almost everything that we do, than just for what it was created for; A medium of interaction with your near and dear ones far across the other side of the globe. Clearly enough, people have started to talk about issues, and the other people who might never meet the former, get aware of things because of them. Which is a big plus point. What this convenience has led to is further convenience for some people to spread hate. And, in a lot of circumstances, some of them think it is okay to spread one kind of hate as it somehow shuts down another kind of hate, the logic of which baffles my mind.

What somehow further gets me at my wits' end is the fact that some people can simply NOT accept differences in opinion and move on. No. Simply no. They absolutely have to show why they are correct, the process of which involves consecutive name-calling and self-defending. 

Now, what I want a lot of people to understand is just one simple thing first. The moment you get defensive about something that isn't something you believe to be true, you are proving a lot of points against yourselves. It really is this simple. Not that you can get defensive and name-call and then prove a point. Not that anybody takes your words seriously when you do that, because sane people can see through your behaviour. I can't believe a lot of people do not see through their own behaviour, though.

The fun part of this entire scenario is that the infuriating emotions that one might expect to be displayed first, come at a secondary phase. To me, and I believe, to a lot of other people, online hatred is first funny. How can someone really think that kind of behaviour is helping literally anybody? There is really a big smile at my face while I write this statement because it is actually that funny. The sense of frustration comes later, which is when I realise that I share the same planet, maybe a place I regularly visit, with that person. Maybe a lot of people like that. Think about it for a while. If that doesn't send a chill down your spine for a moment, I don't know what will.

The only explanation that I need at the end of all of this, is this: People have a power of communication with other people far and wide across the globe. They have a choice of either making a positive comment that can make someone's day, or making no comments and not affect anyone negatively, or making negative comments which can negatively affect someone. How do some people actually choose to do the worst thing in their power? 

A lot of questions remain unanswered, and I fear, they will never be answered. But all I wish is that people really find what matters and what doesn't. Opinions of people defer. And you respect them no matter what you think is your opinion, no matter how poles apart your thoughts can be. You move on, because life isn't about fighting for and against mere opinions. You look into your own improvement, and the welfare of others, without being the reason for someone's misery. You check your behaviour and how it affects people around you. Is it too much to get these things into execution?

Keep Smiling!😊

This is perhaps the only post till now, the first draft of which was completed very quickly. Partly because I had a lot to write about this since the longest time. In my experience, quite thankfully, I haven't faced much of online hate. But this post is a result of the amount of hate I have seen, being showered on a lot of people I know and I don't, by a lot of people I know and I don't. Which is sad and needs to be called out.

Let me know about your views and experiences in the comment section. Do share the post with everyone. Also, follow me here if you haven't yet. You also need to follow me on social media or you might be missing out on contents that I solely create for social media. All follow buttons are at the beginning of this post.
My Profile Picture In Pretty Much Every Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For All That Matters

The Trail Of Thoughts: From Your Jealousy To My Strength

3 Truths We Absolutely Need To Know